Australia is a great place to live and work, offering lifestyle and employment opportunities. To work, you must have a valid Australian visa with work rights. CJMigration can assist you to apply for a range of temporary and permanent skilled visas suitable for you.
- The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.
- This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The visa has three pathways:
The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
- The Direct Entry stream is for:
people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.
This visa, referred to as the TSS visa, enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian.
TSS visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor under one of three streams:
- the Short-Term stream
- the Medium-Term stream
- the Labour Agreement stream.
This visa is for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. This visa involves a two-step process similar to subclass 457, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program. The pathways are also the same us subclass 457.
This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
- Do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- Participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, or
- In limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interest
This visa allows you to:
- take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
- participate in a professional development training program in Australia.
This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.
- be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- usually be at least 18 years of age
This visa lets you stay in Australia to take part in an approved special program. Special programs can include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs, school language assistants or gap year volunteering.